How to make a test/quiz (not relating to IF)

Hello guys

So I’m interested in making/coding a test that looks similar to the RIASEC test— It just opens in your browser, has a white background, and has multiple choice options that instantly move you to the next question but still allows you to redo the previous answer. No images, backgrounds, or anything distracting.

I know a little bit of HTML, but not much else, although I know it’ll probably use JavaScript or something, which I could probably learn if I really wanted to. So, this comes to my main points: What is required to make a test similar to that? What program/website/thing should I use to make it?

Thanks guys all help appreciated

oh also I want it to show your score at the end too, I forgot to say that

1 Like

I’m sure there are lots of tools you could use. Google Forms is one.

3 Likes

Do you need to store the test results and have users login to identify which results belong to whom?

Edit: Also, how many questions do you plan on having in the test?

2 Likes

No, people don’t have to login. I don’t have a exact number of questions but probably at a minimum, it would be like 20 questions. I just want it at the end and your score pops up, like for example if you got all the answers right, it would be 100%.

1 Like

Yeah, I actually use a couple quiz making things like Typeform, Google forms, and Quotev, which I all really like and use. But for this specific test I want it to be different and I haven’t had any luck finding sources that could give me the look I want. lol

Twine would be just fine then. Harlowe (the default story format) will do everything you need without much hassle.

https://twinery.org/

I do recommend using the desktop app, as your data will be stored on your own hard-drive that way.

Then you can ask questions in the Twine forums here if you encounter any tricky parts.

The Cookbook is a great place to start.

1 Like

Oh yeah I didn’t even think about using twine C: I’ll definitely do that

1 Like