How should PunyInform games be listed on IFDB?

While poking around in IFDB when researching this topic, I noticed a lack of consistency in the way PunyInform games are listed. As they are written in Inform 6 using the PunyInform library, I would have thought that the system should be ‘Inform 6’ and ‘PunyInform’ is used as a supplementary tag. However, I have seen the system listed as ‘Inform 6’, ‘Inform 6 with PunyInform’ and ‘PunyInform’. There are also many comma-separated systems that include ‘Inform 6’. If you were just looking for games written with Inform 6, this makes searching quite cumbersome without writing some fancy search criteria.

Anyway, that’s a long-winded lead up to my question. What is the recommended practice for listing Inform 6 games on IFDB when written using the PunyInform library?

5 Likes

I’m no authority but I think system=Inform6 and a tag for Puny would work best.

Example: The Job - Details

9 Likes

That was my thinking, too. I’ll wait and see what others think, before making any changes.

5 Likes

I support this standardization.

3 Likes

As someone with an itch account and a copy of PunyInform, I say coochie-coochie yes to this too.

2 Likes

Another vote for the PunyInform tag.

2 Likes

I also agree. It worked very well for the IFDB Awards where this was used for all 2022 games.

2 Likes