How do I update Inform 7's Parchment?

I’m trying to “release along with an interpreter” to let people play my ECTOCOMP entry online, but the version of Parchment that Inform includes never gets past the loading screen:

Uncaught TypeError: this.options is undefined
    No [URL]/interpreter/main.js:9

Is there a way to fix this, or to install a newer version of Parchment? I’d prefer to stick with Z-machine rather than Glulx for a story of this size.

1 Like

Or actually, “update” doesn’t seem to be the right word, because the latest version of Parchment from GitHub - curiousdannii/parchment: The Interactive Fiction web app is doing the same thing. That’s not good.

1 Like

Oops, that was my fault for altering the Inform 7 template in August and not testing it. :grimacing: Try downloading the zip again now.

1 Like

Unfortunately same error: now it’s “options is undefined” instead of “this.options”.

Is there a way to get an old version for now? I want to get some testing in before the deadline.

Ugh. I’ll investigate.

This one should work: parchment/parchment-for-inform7.zip at 1f16b953fe54fff0d9a9c4d6aa68e99a45dc64b4 · curiousdannii/parchment · GitHub

1 Like

Wait, I spoke too soon. Cleared the cache and it’s working now. I’m not sure why the error message changed—possibly it cached one of the files and not another.

Thanks for the quick response!

2 Likes