How do i change my display name?

I’d like my name to appear up in the corner of my posts where my login name is currently, but the User Control panel won’t let me. It says I need to confirm my current password to change it, but after entering the password and clicking submit, it just says thanks and puts me right back where I was.

You know, I don’t think you can change the username. On my control panel there’s no text box in which to do that. That text might reflect what’s possible with some other admin setting or something.

If you want to change your username (it will be seen by everybody) to your real name, it might be possible from the admin console. I can give it a try, if you want. Real name is in your URL, correct? If it’s possible to change, it would also become the ID you use to log in.

If it isn’t too much trouble, that would be wonderful. “Ron Newcomb”.

w00t! Thank you Merk!

No problem. Turns out it’s an easy thing for admin to change. Would be nice if it was an easy thing for everybody to change. :slight_smile:

I would also like a name change. I formerly used TassadarZeratul everywhere, but I’m trying to distance myself from StarCraft (the game which TassadarZeratul is from), so I’d like to use something else: “Biophysicist”.