Hosting PDFs (and linking to IF Archive)

Hi! :grin:

So, I uploaded the Spring Thing beta of I Am Prey to the IFArchive.

Someone mentioned that there was a special way of linking to stuff in the IFArchive on an IFDB listing, but I’m not sure what they meant by this, and I can’t seem to locate the thread right now. From what I gathered from context, the IFArchive lets you upload a .zip file, and then link to contents within that file from the IFDB?

If I can figure out how to do this, I could link to the updated how-to-play guide in the .zip file.

Failing this, where would I host a PDF for free, and add a download link to it on the IFDB?

Thanks!

3 Likes

Okay, so poking around a bit…

I see that the IFArchive now has my beta in the “unprocessed” directory, and I can view the contents of the zip file.

Does this link provide everyone with access to the PDF?

If I used this link, and the IFArchive moves my game to another directory, would this link become invalid, or is 09tuh88b6t the permanent signature for my .zip file?

2 Likes

Is this the thread you are lookin for?

4 Likes

Yes!! Thank you!! :grin: I couldn’t remember where I put that!

2 Likes

This link documents how to link to specific files in archive. I don’t know if the hash remains the same when the file is moved to its final place from unprocessed.

4 Likes

It looks like from this that it probably will change, so I’ll try to keep an eye out for that. Thank you for posting the specs!

3 Likes

It will change. Sorry about that – unprocessed is strictly temporary.

4 Likes

:grin: That’s perfectly valid! I’ll just keep tabs on its listing on the IF Archive for a while!

2 Likes