Hint Request — LASH by Paul O'Brian

I feel a bit silly having to ask, because I don’t think LASH (Local Asynchronous Satellite Hookup) is supposed to be a puzzle-fest or anything. But I can’t for the life of me work out how to move past the treasure hunt portion of the game. So far, I’ve: found the harmonica, opened the tone-lock safe, found three scraps of paper in the barn, moved the tree and found the antique marbles etc. But I can’t for the life of me get into the steel door north of the master bedroom — I can’t figure out what I’m supposed to type on the keypad. Am I even on the right track? I gather that I should be expecting a big tonal change in the game, but I can’t figure out how to trigger it. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

0 Likes

Hm, it’s been a while… don’t you find

documents that talk about a certain year or date, which you can then type in on the keypad?

I might be completely wrong, though.

0 Likes

This is a fairly direct spoiler, but I was stuck in this spot for the longest time.

[spoiler]You have to

LOOK UNDER MATTRESS

in the master bedroom.[/spoiler]

Not the most egregious instance of “guess the noun” ever, but it’s rather aggravating in the context of this game and its goals.

0 Likes

Aha, thank you! I had looked on the bed and under the bed but it never occurred to me that the mattress might be separately implemented.Looking forward to getting on with the game!

0 Likes

First of all, thanks for the hint about the mattress.
However, I’m stuck with the following:

I cannot figure out how to open the safe in the office. I’ve been trying to think about the Asimov reference on the second scrap (ACC-1129), but blowing holes 1, 1, 2 and 9 in order doesn’t seem to work.

I would appreciate any help you could offer.

0 Likes

I could ise some help with that game as well.
the smaller problem: I have no idea how to move the damn tree. I know I need some kind of levering tool. But don’t know where to locate one.
And the bigger problem: I found the journal. I found the equation for the password in there. I found the dates on the fact sheet. Alas, their product doesn’t work as a password. Why not?
Some help would be appreciated.

0 Likes

(Daniel Stelzer) #7

If this helps anyone in the future, I can help Leseguenni at least.

Smaller: PUSH works even without a lever. Figure out a rhythm to it.

Bigger: Check your calculations again; that product works for me.

0 Likes