Hint Request for Eleusinian Miseries

If I ask Puffy about the ritual, as the game suggests, I’m told “You get a blank look of the sort with which you’re well acquainted.” Asking about the ceremony or the initiation gets the same response. Also, asking Esmond (Puffy’s actual name) changes nothing. The built-in hints tell me I must complete this action for the game to progress. Is there something I’m supposed to do first to get the proper response?

1 Like

That is not supposed to be a puzzle, so sounds like this might be a bug – sorry! I took a quick look and it does appear to be working for me, so do you have a transcript so I can try to figure out what’s going on?

Alternately, Puffy should ask if you want to re-start the next bit of the ritual each time you enter the telesterion, so you could try just going back and forth and answering “yes” to that prompt as a workaround.

(Also, apologies if this is a dumb question, but you’re sure you’re talking to Puffy, not Alky, right? Having the two main NPCs have y-ending names might not have been the best idea…)

1 Like

I sent you a PM with a transcript. The game file I have is “Release 1 / Serial number 200926 / Inform 7 build 6M62 (I6/v6.33 lib 6/12N)”

In case others are running into a similar difficulty, the issue is that periods at the end of “ASK person ABOUT topic” commands results in the topic not being recognized. I’ll work on an update, but in the interim if you run into this, just omit the punctuation and you should be good!

Fire the playtester! (ie, me).

1 Like