Hint request for City of Secrets (2003)

I want to get through the gate in the northern part of town, but it seems that I need to remove the tracking bug from my wrist in order to do so. I went to the bathroom near the fortress and cut out the bug with the scissors from the hotel, but it leaves a wound. I tried tearing up the bedsheets from the hotel room to make bandages, but that wasn’t implemented. I tried going to the medical clinic and pressing the red button, but before I can get there there’s a scripted event where I get arrested on account of the open wound and then apparently rescued.

Is this the only way to proceed. I know that this game has multiple endings, and this seems like something that might cause me to get a worse one. Is there a way to heal the wound in the bathroom?

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum. It might help if you give the author and platform when asking for hints.

Assuming this to be the Glulx game by Emily Short, there’s a walkthrough on CASA courtesy of @Denk. However, he does say that it skips some puzzles.

I note that Denk did a tribute (sort of like a sequel) in ADRIFT in 2020. You might like to play that when you’re finished.

2 Likes

Yeah, I saw that on IFDB, but the author seems to have done something different earlier in the game since he doesn’t remove the bug at all.

2 Likes

I wrote the walkthrough without realizing that I could remove a bug if I remember correctly. One thing I do remember is that sometimes things happen after a certain amount of moves. I don’t know how many endings there are but was under the impression that I found the “good ending”.

3 Likes

I went ahead with removing the bug without healing the wound. There are no negative consequences to this route, and it’s actually a scenario listed by AMUSING.

5 Likes