Hint needed for Cheree: Remembering My Murder

I have nine clues. How do I get the scrapbook off the shelf? I thought it might have something to do with demons, since Cheree mentioned a demon could interact with the physical world, but I can’t find any syntax to make that idea work.

2 Likes

The energy that allows that interaction was called phantikane, I believe (may have spelling wrong). I encouraged Cheree to use that energy, repeatedly, and I also asked her to possess the book. I’m not sure which one did it in the end.

3 Likes

Thanks, that worked (and then I found the game’s itch.io page Rate Cheree: Remembering My Murder by robertgoodwin00 for ParserComp 2023 - itch.io which confirmed that it was referring to the magic energy phantakine that did it). Now I’m further along and I’m talking to a demon. I can’t remember what an Anima Vinculum is supposed to do besides remembering Cheree. Any help would be appreciated.

1 Like

This one I can’t be as much help with. I think I tried stuff like typing ‘anima vinculum’ and ‘i love you’ or something like that.

I just typed “anima vinculum” over and over again after I posted, and it worked out. I think it was being interpreted as “I am the anima vinculum”. Anyway, I reached the end now. Thanks again for your help!

2 Likes

Glad to help!

1 Like

I’m stuck at 8 out of 9 clues, so can anyone give me a prod to scare up the one I’m missing? It’s the Central Lowlands one – I know it has to do with Faith and Burt, but the conversation so far is pretty general, and I’ve already learned a lot about them from later clues, so I’m having a hard time figuring out what the game wants me to dig into.

1 Like

Hi, Mike. I’m calling this a bug since you already learned more than enough about Burton for the game to still be this obtuse, but ask “who was Faith’s fiance?” That should do it.

2 Likes

Thanks! I’m on the road for the rest of the weekend at a wedding, but I’ll give that a shot when I get back.

(I think you can see the transcript, but I might have sequence-broken because I think a relationship level went up in the middle of the first bit of exposition which might have scrambled the thread of conversation somewhat).

1 Like

Great.
Everything looks okay, that I can see. It’s possible she could repeat dialogue you’ve already seen, but even if that happens shouldn’t be a big deal.