Hint for Bug Hunt on Menelaus

In the Zoo area, each turn a Zampf comes out. Occasionally, one of them is actually one of the enemy bugs! Unfortunately, as soon as it appears, it kills you. I’ve tried ducking right before it appears; typing DUCK at any time says that ‘the spit flies over your head’, even when there’s no spit. I’ve tried shooting right before it appears but it doesn’t recognize that as a command since the creature’s not there. Any suggestions?

1 Like

I could be wrong but I think I got it by undoing my previous turn and shooting before it popped up.

I did eventually get it somehow, but it was finnicky.

2 Likes

Thanks, that helps!

2 Likes

The idea is that you can see them just beneath the surface if you examine the lake. Thus, as soon as you know which one to shoot, you can kill it before it emerges. No need to undo to solve the puzzle.

1 Like

I’m almost at the very end, just one more person to solve:

Going as Davey into the big building, I restored power and went in the elevator. I can go to floors 1,2,3,4, etc. but it gives me bugs if I go north or south after using the elevator. Is it because I’m using release 35 of the adrift runner, or does that happen for everyone?

2 Likes

Yes, unfortunately your older version (v35) is not compatible with this game. You should download the newest version from here: ADRIFT - Download ADRIFT
(I was not aware this was ever an issue - thought it was mainly user friendly features that were updated)

2 Likes

Thanks; I ended up using the webrunner and that worked; I disabled pretty much all the anti-virus settings on my computer and my browser and it still disliked Adrift 5, unfortunately, so I’m not sure I’ll ever get to version 36. But I finished the game online!

2 Likes

Great! Unfortunately I was too slow. I just found a workaround which works with v.5.0.35 at least on my pc:

When you encounter the error window, just close it, minimize the Runner and open it again. Then the bug disappeared! NB: This problem is not present in Runner 5.0.36.

2 Likes