Hibernated 1 (Director's Cut) is out! (physical release PREORDER)

I recently released “Hibernated 1 (Director’s Cut)” a complete rewrite of my classic, award-winning Hibernated game using Infocom’s Z-machine standard, with lots of additional narrative content, new and altered riddles. The old game played like a European mid-80s tape adventure and was praised in the retro scene. The Director’s Cut has been developed using Inform 6 / PunyInform and aims to be an Infocom style interactive fiction story.

Plot
Have you ever dreamed about a journey far beyond the known regions of the universe? Close to Alpha Centauri, Olivia Lund is on the trail of one of mankind’s greatest secrets and a thousand-year-old mystery. After nearly 20 years in hypersleep, she wakes up alone on her stranded ship, the Polaris-7. The artificial intelligence Io seems to be her only remaining friend now.

SYSTEMS
The game is available for Commodore 64, Amstrad CPC and PCW, Spectrum +3, Spectrum Next, Commodore Amiga, Atari 8-bit, Atari ST, MS-DOS, Apple 2, BBC Micro, Acorn Electron, Commodore 128, Mega 65, MSX 1 and MSX 2, Oric, Commodore Plus/4, TI99/4a, Commodore VIC-20, Commodore PET, SAM Coupe, classic Macintosh and modern PC. In addition, there are z3 and z5 files provided, for playing the game in your Z-machine interpreter of choice.

Project Page
Hibernated 1 (Director’s Cut) by Stefan Vogt (itch.io)

Physical release
Like all my games, my publisher will release H1DC physically for all the above systems. The box is a fusion of nostalgia and a homage to the original Infocom packaging. It resembles the later, Activision era packaging (1:1 scale) but is visually closer to the old grey boxes. Here’s how it will look. I’ll post an update as soon as the preorder is live.

7 Likes

I have the download version but will enjoy the boxed set. I’m looking forward to the update.

Thank you

1 Like

I am thrilled to announce that the physical edition of #Hibernated1 Director’s Cut is NOW available for preorder from my publisher! Get that trip down memory lane in all its #Infocom glory for 25 classic #8bit and #16bit systems. Hibernated 1 - Directors Cut

3 Likes