HELP: Xanix - Xixon Resurgence

Has anyone been able to poison the fountain? What did you type? I’ve consulted the walkthrough, and I can’t seem to get anything to work.

EDIT:
Whoops! I didn’t type exactly what the walkthrough said, though I thought I had. I was wrong. The answer was right there in front of me.

3 Likes

I’m stuck on an earlier part of the game, and I couldn’t find a walkthrough. I have 180 points, and I just made a copy of the tin key. But when I try to leave the city, it says I have a task remaining in the workshop. I never used the trough and the water. How did you get past that point, and where did you find the walkthrough?

Edit: Nevermind, I used HINT near the outskirts of town and discovered that there was a cave.

Edit: Okay, stuck again. I checked out the cave, lit a fire, saw that smoke is disappearing, read some marks, but now it still says I have a task in the workshop.

2 Likes

If you are sure you have the key in your inventory, it may just be that the explanation is wrong(?) and you still need to find something in the area. Have you tried SEARCH BODIES right outside the city? When you find something you should get a hint that the other character may also find something by searching the bodies. You should find a map and a sceptre.

BTW, if you type HELP you are told you can get a walkthrough by e-mailing the author at the shown e-mail address.

1 Like

Thanks! I have the key, map and sceptre but will keep looking.

1 Like

Hi MathBrush,

I removed the in-game walkthrough as I believe it makes it too easy for the player to cheat.

How did you obtain the key? You should not be able to do that if you have not filled the trough with water.

However if you send me an email I will send you a walkthrough.

1 Like

I filled the trough with water, I just didn’t notice it getting used.

I’ll try a little longer before emailing.

1 Like

Did you type MAKE KEY? If you do that then you do not have to physically DIP KEY IN WATER.

1 Like

Yeah, I tried that. My guess is that I messed up some state variable, so I’m going to replay that section and see if it clears the variable.

Edit: That worked! I probably just messed things up earlier (I did weird things like put the crucible in the oven before lighting it, and the pumping bellows and only after that typing MAKE KEY, so maybe some order got messed up? I’m just thinking that because I game I’m working on had a bug where putting something in the oven before turning it on caused problems.)

2 Likes

Okay, new sticky point: I’m in the pyramid and I found the golden queen and put it on the chessboard. But I can’t find the silver queen.

2 Likes

I think it’s in a bird’s nest in a tree you climb.

2 Likes

Yes, the tree is on the south side of the pyramid. But it is a knight, not a queen but it is what you need. You probably have to LOOK UP before you can go to the top.

1 Like

I’m getting closer (I think!) to the end.

I’m fighting the giant hybrid but it’s on a timer and UNDO and RESTORE don’t work after dying unless I restart the game, so it’s hard to experiment.

I’ve tried:

GRAB ARBALEST, but I die
Attack XIXON WITH AXE, but it fights back
THROW AXE at XIXON and CUT ARMS don’t work,
GIVE AXE TO KING doesn’t work

Any suggestions?

2 Likes

I think the effects of the attack are randomized, so you have to keep hitting it with the axe. Restore your game if necessary.

2 Likes

Thanks! With that I was able to finish the game (albeit with only 475 points). Thanks for all the help!

3 Likes