Help needed with Inform 7 port of Dungeon(Zork)

Hello,

I’m trying to get the Inform 7 port of Dungeon to work. Sadly I am getting errors.

The source is here: sourceforge.net/projects/i7-dungeon/files/

The errors I get are:

This is the report produced by Inform 7 (build 6G60) on its most recent run through:

In Part 3 - The Dungeon:

Problem. You wrote ‘The inventory listing of the painting is “a painting”’ : but this seems to say that a thing is a value, like saying ‘the chair is 10’.
Problem. You wrote ‘The inventory listing of the orange cake is “piece of cake with orange icing”’ : again, this seems to say that a thing is a value.
Problem. You wrote ‘The inventory listing of the blue cake is “piece of cake with blue icing”’ : again, this seems to say that a thing is a value.

I’m new to Inform 7 and would appreciate any help/pointers as to what is going on. I’ve spent time on this myself but so far I’m stumped.

Michael

That source code was developed for an early version of I7. The “inventory listing” property was removed from the standard library several years ago. (See: inform7.com/learn/man/doc451.html )

You should be able to get the same effect with “printing the name of” rules. Perhaps:

Rule for printing the name of the painting while taking inventory:
	say "painting".

You will probably run into other problems with the game, however. Inform has changed a lot since 2007.