Harlowe 3.1: Importing data from Google sheets

Hello all!

I’ve been working on a project and I’m hoping to make it so that I could collect and save a variable inputted by the player through the prompt macro (i.e. written text), so that it would be uploaded and saved to a google sheet and then, a passage later, for that piece of data and the ten of so pieces preceding it to be displayed so that the player can see some other responses.

However, I’ve run into a bit a of snag in coding the data import back to Twine from Google sheets. I’ve followed the guide as per John Stewart for the export to Google (http://www.johnastewart.org/coding/twine-game-data-to-google-sheets-via-javascript-version-2/) and that’s all working.

However, I can’t seem to find any information on how to get Twine to pull the data from from the Google sheet and I wondered if anyone had an ideas (I’m pretty new to coding so haven’t managed to work it out myself!)

Would appreciate any help! Thanks!

I’ve been trying to figure this out but as far as I know you can’t transfer the written variable to a spreadsheet. Maybe u could make a spreadsheet inside the game that the player can see instead of in Google sheets? It’s worth a shot.