Hard Puzzle 4!

With the table, is it just the hole in the grate? I’ve known about that since yesterday but can’t get anything to happen with it!

Ah man, and here I’ve been twiddling doors around to get anywhere. Grr. :slight_smile:

And yes with the table. If you recursively dismantle items from the garage, you can attach two of them together. That’s cued in the object descriptions but I don’t think attach is in the debug vlist so that took me a bunch of verb guessing.

1 Like

Ooooh you have to lever the grate! I was thinking of using the hole in some illogical game-breaking way, like taking the hole and giving it to Bob as a ring.

But now that I have the Dome Configuration Controller, I still don’t feel like I’m any closer to getting a ring! This thing just seems to re-align the doors, and the puzzle with the doors seems like a red herring to me.

OOOOOH!

Now I get it!

1 Like

Yup. That’s why I said it didn’t make any sense and I only found it by accident.

I also found that you can get as many fruit as you want which is at least entertaining and possibly useful. I think there has to be some way of doing something with the porpoises: you can either cli them out of the tank, or use the reverse altar on the milk but so far they just always kill me.

Yeah, I don’t even know how you’re supposed to legitimately get the strange fruit! I found it by using TAKE ALL in the Farm over and over.

I’ve now managed to grow a vine and collect its kidney-shaped flowers from the ceiling.

I don’t know what to do with the porpoises either. I’ve been trying to transport them from room to room, thinking they might get killed by the Family in the ocean or in the airlock, or by the sludges in the BioHazard room. Or that they might kill that stupid cat in the Gantry. But nothing ever happens. The porpoises and the cat and the sludges never react to each other. Of course, I die instantly when I’m in the same room!

Cheryl seems to kill a porpoise if you transport them into the room she’s in (that you are not). No idea what to do with the corpse, though; doesn’t do anything interesting with the altar.

I’ve read the thread, but I still haven’t figured out what to do with the dome configuration controller. Could anyone give me a little more obvious clue there?

Really? I just tried putting the porpoises and Cheryl in the Underwater BioDome together, and then in the Farm together, and nothing happened. I transported the porpoises back out before I went in again myself. Maybe I need to wait longer?

Oh, as for what to do with the Dome Configuration Controller, I can tell you that I have no clue myself! But you can use the grate after you lever it off.

OKAY SO I managed to kill a porpoise! I moved the porpoises and Cheryl into the Gantry with the cat. Who knows what happened in there? I tried multiple other rooms with no success. That cat was the secret ingredient.

Wait, where’s this lens that was mentioned before? I don’t know where to find anything like that. But if it happens to be part of the Monotrichonomomometer, then, according to J Crimp and Sons, it might do something to the cat!

I got the hat! Now she wants something else! Damn it!

You have to rotate the airlock to get the hat.

This is all going to be a wild goose chase, just you watch!

HA HA! I got the next thing on the list!

Re: fruits: if you x plants in the farm you can see them. And get fruit works repeatedly.

The lens is actually a piece of glass fitted into a rim.

Oh, you can also tell the purple sludge to dissolve the nut, which seems like it might eventually let you win, but right now just kills me.

I thought I had almost won, but now they want music for this damn wedding! It just goes on and on! Horribly and gloriously!

Oooh! One of the Exchange’s things is that it “nasally sings an unpleasant melody”. I wonder if you can get it to do that on porpoise?

Grr. Did I see you managed to chat to Jeremiah at J Crimp and Sons somehow? I was successful with the wedding, got Bob’s name, but now he wants the company name.

Nah, I don’t have Bob’s name yet. I haven’t finished the wedding.

Ahahahaha! Victory! Sweet.

Wow. That was RIDICULOUS.