Happy New Year's Eve/Day!

Hopefully 2022 will prove better than 2021!

15 Likes

Happy 2022 !

Best regards from Italy,
dott. Piergiorgio.

8 Likes

Happy New Year!

7 Likes

Happy New Year All!! :tada::confetti_ball::smiley::+1:

Adam

8 Likes

Happy new year 2022 for everyone. This new year will bring us health, money, prosperity and many games to enjoy.

9 Likes

Happy New Year!

6 Likes

Happy New Year, all. It’s been a bad year, and this community has genuinely meant a lot to me.

11 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that it’s been such a bad year. For what it’s worth, you have been a wonderful teacher and I would never be as far along as I am in my writing and learning without your help. Here’s to a better year for all of us in general and to you in particular.

12 Likes

Happy New Year! This community means an awful lot to me. It’s been a rough couple of years but IF has carried on regardless! I’m looking forward to seeing what 2022 will bring!

9 Likes

2020 was my bad year, not 21, but I’ll heartily agree with the sentiment - this community has brought a lot of joy and helped me get through some tough times, so here’s to all of y’all and a better 2022!

11 Likes

ok, what about new year’s IF-related resolves ?

For me, the most obvious one is “release some work” and “strive to be less secretive about WIP”

Best regards from Italy,
dott. Piergiorgio.

4 Likes

Happy New Year everyone. :partying_face: :boom: :tada:

It’s been a tough year for me, but I’m hoping to release a lot more games in 2022. In fact, I’m working on some now.

7 Likes

I have a few:

1. Finish a game in time for actual playtesting

2. Finish the game my coauthor and I intended to enter in IFcomp 2020 and 2021 (yes, we blew the deadline twice)

3. Start writing reviews of things I like

2021 was my personal worst year but I don’t think it’s been smooth sailing for anyone recently. The IF community has been a big help getting through all this and I can’t wait to see what 2022 brings.

5 Likes

Finish my ruby-native lexer of Inform 7 and rewrite inf7 now that I understand better what it was trying to be. Actually write a game instead of another extension.

> EXAMINE EXTENSION DIRECTORY

You have some 15 extensions you should clean up and publish.

sigh.

3 Likes

I’m going to finish a game in which I don’t find a game-breaking bug 1 hour before Spring Thing deadline. I think. I hope. I never want to repeat that experience.

7 Likes

My resolution was going to be: “Exercise every day this year.”

But on COVID Day 11, I probably won’t on the 1st day. Maybe a little?

Mabye I write an IF titled “COVID - I have the Tee Shirt”.

5 Likes

How many more is a lot more? I’m bracing myself.

Happy New Year to all.

5 Likes

Folk culture, stories for the next generation; these will be more important than ever.
Good health and happiness to everyone here. Wish not for riches, but resilience :grin:

See you soon!

4 Likes

I’m with you on those. I’m hurriedly trying to get something done for TADS Jam, and really need to finish off my IF Comp game (also intended for 2020).

3 Likes