Goodbye board.

No, I’m saying that they saw the kind of racist bullshit you were posting and locked it to prevent newcomers from thinking that everyone here are racist bastards. I can’t help but imagine that you were the kid who stole nerds lunch money. Btw, I’m not being a bigot by calling people nerds because I am a self proclaimed nerd. So the secret to not getting your posts blocked is to hide, no wrong word, suppress your racist impulses. Just sayin’

Andreas, I don’t see why any of this is relevant. You don’t seem to get, at all, where you are, or why any of us are here in the first place. You talk about leading the board – but the board doesn’t need a leader. What this board needs is people who can contribute to IF, to show where it can go, to bring in new ideas, and debate in a civilized manner, like any forum.

This board is extremely tolerant and open-minded. IF is a medium that anyone can utilize to tell stories and make games. It is filled with the goodwill of other programmers and authors, who are willing to help anybody that come onto the board. The game systems that are being used to develop games, and the games that use these systems, are labors of love, hard work, and sacrifice. Most of these are given away for free. This is a meeting point where people work – hard. If some loudmouth is coming in and disrupting things for no reason, well… again, this is an extremely tolerant board. The civilized, on-topic responses given to much of your foul mouthed, off-topic BS is proof of that.

What you fail to realize, and what many people fail to realize, is that being kind, or generous, (even naively generous and kind) is not a weakness. You’ve built up a power fantasy for yourself about your so-called effect on this board. You have brought up discussions that have led to good conversations. But, for the most part, you’ve chosen to bring nothing worthwhile to contribute, and instead have tried to push people’s buttons, either out of boredom, or a lack of personal peace with yourself. If boredom is your problem, then the purpose of this board is to create games to not only alleviate boredom, but also to shed light on the human condition, which is difficult for everyone involved. Don’t think your problems exceed anyone else’s. They don’t. People here have decided to create things to try to better their lives, and the lives of others. That’s generally what a community is all about. If you can figure out how to bring something worthwhile, maybe people will care about what you have to say.

Seriously, how statistically probabile is that we have found an exact replica of Pudlo? Every single word this man says are from the same exact manual. I will believe it when I see the two standing one beside the other in front of me. Pics don’t count because of Photoshop.

They are very similar, yes, but I really doubt they’re the same person. For one thing, Andreas apologised about his behaviour in one thread, and in that particular thread he didn’t become rude again. I never ever ever saw Pudlo do that. Also, it’s easier to have a rational discourse with Andreas than it was with Pudlo.

Andreas came up with some genuinely helpful stuff about Inform 7, and Pudlo always attacked I7 – though that might just mean that the man behind the mask decided to try something new.

They both do share an obsession with Pudlo. But fundamentally, it doesn’t matter.

Whether he’s really Pudlo or not, he’s still the same kind of annoying, trouble-causing, attention-seeking asshole as Pudlo. The board’s better off without him.

Who is this pudlo you speak of?

Old troll from RAIF who also trolled this forum until he became the first, and so far only, person to be banned from it.

Hmmm. Feels good to be able to reduce him to this sentence.

Pudlo = Voldemort.

Is that why a search poor him doesn’t show anything?

Yeah. It’s because the Ministry of Magic has closed all info on his account.

Look for “Jacek Pudlo”. Mind you, you have to dig into RAIF to get the full story… and I seriously advise you don’t. He’s not worthy of your energy.

From what I understand he also used lots of pseudonyms (one that I remember was “George Sand”, ironically, on a “discussion” of male authors using female pseudonyms).

Wow… I, against all of your better judgements, read some of pudlo’s posts. talk about self centered, egomaniacal troll.

Oh yeah. There’s a beautiful thread where he’s caught creating a mock account: https://intfiction.org/t/new-posting-rules/4823/1

There is one thing I miss about the guy - his abusive rudeness seemed to have faded by the time I met him in these boards, so I missed some of the spectacular fights in RAIF. Therefore, the Pudlo I knew, while occasionally genuinely insulting, was mostly just an attention whore easily pwned by Robb Sherwin and a few choice remarks. I actually found that amusing to follow. But of course, all trolls come to the same end.

Ha ha, I’d never seen that one. I mostly searched Google Groups for the old raif threads.

although he pissed me off, I found his writings funny enough…

Jacek isn’t the only person to have been banned from the forum, but I don’t want you to encourage you to dig any further. Discussing trolls is almost as bad as being trolled by them. Let’s let this thread die a quiet death…

Oh? I am surprised, I though he was the only one. Him and some spam bots.

But you’re right, of course.

Didn’t some guy called Ultimate also get banned?