Galaxy Jones Hints [Split from Amanda's Review thread]

I think it’s my turn to overlook something stupid (in Galaxy Jones):

I’m on the tenth floor, being chased by the killer robot. I can evade it, and I have the safe spot on top of the elevator car. I’d love to attack that mauve-coloured bastard from above, by frying its electronics by dousing it in conductive gel. Doesn’t work apparently. As expected, SHOOT doesn’t work either. I also tried pouring water on the robot from above to shortcircuit it. Nope.

I’m pretty confident that overloading the robot’s wiring with the Electrofil gel is the way to go, but I have no idea how to get close enough to apply it.

Nudge? (maybe @rileypb , if you read this before Amanda? Or anyone else, of course.))

1 Like

Apparently this is under-clued. Jones need to get closer, but not so that the robot can get Jones in its sights.

1 Like

Nope. I can’t visualise a way to get closer to the robot. I’m trying to HIDE or CRAWL UNDER DESK, mirroring the solution for the robot in the Cybernetics office. I’m trying to THROW CABLE to grapple the robot with the hooks, or HANG CABLE IN CAR from on top of the elevator to create a snaring trap.

I get the feeling my intuitions are in the wrong directions completely.

1 Like

Stop thinking of things other than what I thought of.

Hint: It doesn’t involve any of your inventory items, and you need to start above the robot.

Solution: Get above the robot and then jump on the robot.

3 Likes

Beck explicitly rules this out when you enter the level.

2 Likes

ROBOT RODEO!!

2 Likes

FWIW I found this part immediately intuitive - it was the steps right before and right after where I struggled. We players are an annoying lot!

1 Like

—“The solution doesn’t involve any object in your inventory.

Perhaps the high-tech security system is on the “Fan-service” setting, forcing Galaxy Jones to strip before entering the top office? No confusion about inventory items then

1 Like

Let me amend that – no inventory items beyond the gel, which you already know about.

3 Likes