IF Speed has a Theme
There seems to be a general interest in a quick, multi-genre IF Speed Jam. I am announcing a quick summer jam for everyone’s enjoyment hosted on itch.io. As usual, comments and suggestions appreciated! This game jam is probably not written on a sorcerer’s stone.
Speed Jam #1: Student Center
- You are a first year student approaching the student center at a rural university.
- A trail through a narrow strip of trees and shrub leads north to a parking lot.
- The Admin Building is to the west via a path that winds around a pond.
- A cluster of science labs is to the east.
Any genre of interactive fiction allowed.
Games must be loosely based upon the published theme above.
Submissions must be free to play during the jam.
Inclusion of source code is encouraged but not required.
The games will be ranked. Anyone game vote on the general quality and enjoyment of the individual games.
- This is a quick, fun jam. Ranking is for enjoyment only.
Initial rules draft - further rules pending as needed.
Submissions: July 29, 2021 through August 15, 2021.
Casual voting: August 15 through August 22, 2021 (Just to generate interest.)