Flashing an image/gif over a passage

Twine Version: 2.5.1
Story Format: Sugarcube 2.36.1

So I know there was something similar to this asked in October of 2019 and I checked it out and found some code that seemed good however whenever did it, instead of overlaying the image I wished to overlay it simply just did a flat color instead.
This is what I put in the stylesheet (with the background image actually linking to the image I wished to use)

#OverlayImg {
	position: fixed;
	display: none;
	z-index: 10000;
	top: 0;
	left: 0;
	width: 100%;
	height: 100%;
	overflow: hidden;
	background-image: url(images/Example.png);
	background-size: contain;
	background-color: #111;
	background-position: center;
	background-repeat: no-repeat;
}

And this is what I put into the passage.

<<silently>>
	<<timed 5s>>
		<<run $("#OverlayImg").show()>>
	<<next 0.2s>>
		<<run $("#OverlayImg").hide()>>
	<</timed>>
<</silently>><div id="OverlayImg"></div>

I’ve tried rearranging things and adding/deleting things and I simply can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong to actually have it be the image I wish it to be and not just a flat color, also I am new here so I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this.

Have you tried “Publish to file” and opened the HTML document?
If you test/play the project from the Twine app, it won’t load the picture (has to so something with the TempData (?) location of the project when you open the project from the Twine app).

I have, I have also tried putting it into different browsers other than Chrome (Firefox and Edge) and the result was still the same.

After publishing the project, did you place the resulting HTML file adjacent to the images directory containing the Example.png image?

For example:

published.html
images/
	Example.png

NOTE: If you are not on Windows, whose filesystem is case insensitive, ensure that the case of the image path you’re using exactly matches what’s actually on your filesystem. You should really do that anyway, but on case sensitive filesystems it’s absolutely necessary.

I hadn’t tried that though when I did the result was the same and I triple checked to see if capitalization was wrong but it was all good, I do appreciate the help and tips though after longer than I’d like to admit, I may just pass on trying to have an image flash. It wasn’t an integral part of what I was trying to do so it’s not as if a lot would be lost from not having it.