Fivebyfivia post-Parsercomp release is out

I’d meant to get it out a lot sooner in the month, but I snuck it in under the deadline.

There were some general small bug fixes, but the big feature is now that you can specify a square to move to, and the game will do that. And not just a square one move away! If you go from, say, c3 to a1, it will mention you took four moves.

Thanks to Robin Johnson, who suggested it first, and Olaf Nowacki, who independently made the suggestion when discussing the sequel post-comp. Gosh, it’s almost like they deserve to place very highly in something like ParserComp, because they understand what a player needs/deserves to make gameplay easier. (Seriously, the lack of cutthroat competition is/was nice.)

Also, it has new cover art, too!

Fivebyfivia Delenda Est by Andrew Schultz is the main page.

Release 2: <square name> command and decent graphics - Fivebyfivia Delenda Est by Andrew Schultz has my thoughts on release 2.

7 Likes

I might suggest putting the cover art on the itch page, above the window that runs the game. Since the window offers no preview, and you say ‘a game you will be able to guess pretty quickly’ - but it’s a harder sell getting someone to press the button if they have no idea what the game will be about.

-Wade

1 Like

Ah, thanks! I never considered that was possible. I don’t know why, but now that I see it, I wondered how I didn’t.