Three days ago I announced that I was diving into the huge puzzlefest Finding Martin. I’ve been poking around the house since then and I have found an enormous amount of puzzles and clues. Not so many solutions though.
First of all: @G.K_Wennstrom, I found the subdivided walkthrough on your Finding Martin-website. Finding Martin (gkwmusic.com))
It’s a huge step up from the continuous walkthrough linked to on IFDB. I can just glance at the heading of the page to see if it’s relevant to me at the point in the game where I am.
Mind you, until now I’ve only looked at the walkthrough once or twice. After a longish playsession I wanted to see how I fared. When I skimmed the walkthrough it became obvious that my EXAMINE-fu was not yet up to scratch for a puzzler like this. I had missed three puzzles and an exit. So I cranked it up a notch.
I have not gone on any “remote journeys”, as they are called in the very friendly player warning at the start of the game. All my exploring has been in Martin’s house.
I’ll list what I have found, what I have hypotheses or gut-feelings about, and what I have no idea about yet.
A good number of the solutions will probably be inaccessible to me without leaving the house. If so, I’d very much appreciate a simple “Wait until later” instead of hints. I can come back to those in a later installment.
The main point of this request is tying up any loose ends before I start venturing on remote journeys, i.e. solving all the in-house puzzles that can be solved with in-house resources first.
Puzzles I have solved so far:
- Opened the windmill-mailbox.
- Found the house-key.
- Played Händel to fill and drain the bathtub and bathroom sink.
- Found the red ball and made friends with Spartacus.
- Figured out how to set the pocket watch.
- Watch + Cuckoo = clues on tv-screen.
- Set the table to move the china cabinet.
- Took tap-dancing shoes from the kitchen cabinet.
- Opened pantry and laundry doors.
- Found and tried the phonebooth options.
- Took one dart from bedroom ceiling.
Some puzzles I have ideas about (nudges would be appreciated):
- Dirt patch/Sycamore->quantum->Heisenberg (or just water it)?
- Send dog into vent to other room in kitchen cabinet?
- Taking a bath/finding a towel->Archimedes?
- Organic fuel (food leftovers, grass trimmings,…) into Black Box?
- Catch ferret->sock behind bookcase->open dryer?
- Stone door scratches: password to open it?
- Grease/wax tap shoes?
- Three darts open bedroom closet?
And then some I just don’t know yet (hints welcome):
- Opening the piano bench?
- E-mail password (I have the note with the “circular reasoning”-clue)?
- Opening the medicine cabinet?
- What’s with the nose-itching soapy smell?
- Starting the steam-train (or is this with Black Box-fuel)?
- Key for the second floor door?
- Iris in pillar and socket in fuzzy square (second floor)?
I’m having a lot of fun! Experimenting, tinkering, petting the dog,…
Tomorrow I’ll SAVE before leaving Martin’s house and go on a remote journey.
Thanks for reading, if you got this far.