Figure resources not copying to release folder when releasing Quixe interpreter

I’m a bit confused here, because it’s working for another project of mine, but I have a figure in my current project that is not being copied to the Release folder when I compile a release with 9.3/6M62. I have the manifest.txt file correct – I can tell because displaying the figure gives a broken image link icon rather than just nothing.

The figure is in the right place, since it shows up in Gargoyle, etc. Any idea why it might not be copied with the release? Like I said, this works fine in another project.

1 Like

AFAIK, images are embedded in the .gblorb file, along with the compiled story.
Interpreters can usually extract the story and images from that file but Quixe cannot.
When releasing for the web, the story is extracted as a .js file but the images are not.
There’s a python script called blorbtool.py that can extract them.
Here are the instructions:

2 Likes

Yes, you’re right. For some reason I thought I had seen the figures copy automatically to the Release folder, but I must have looked at the wrong folder or something. Thanks for clearing that up.

1 Like

If you use the ifsitegen.py script to make your website from the gblorb, it does the graphic conversion as part of the job. This makes it a one-step process.

-Wade

2 Likes