Eye Contact

A very short, choice-based game involving a conversation in which you— the player— can look at the eyes of a character. I’ve posted a review of it on my blog.

1 Like

I have also written a review!

1 Like

I found this interesting. There are only two endings as far as I could tell, and at no point is there any real doubt what the “right” answer is, so its main interest really is in watching the eyes and realizing how much information they alone can give you about the emotions involved in the flow of one topic to another. It reminded me quite a bit of the tests where people are asked to identify an emotion from a close-up photo of eyes similar to the ones in this game, which I believe have been used by autism researchers among others.

It would be interesting to see a game like this with a more elaborate structure and more possibilities, one that could make you as the player think harder about how you’re communicating. As it is, it’s so minimal that it seems like more of a proof of concept than a finished product. However, it’s quite well done for what it is, and it’s so short that, for anyone wondering, there’s really no reason not to try it.

2 Likes