Events

Except it doesn’t work.

How do I make it so that when I enter the telephone booth, it moves the booth to jekkel park, and tells the player that the booth is shaking? Obviously I don’t want it so that whenever I reenter the booth it tells me it’s moving in to the same location.

I don’t quite see what the bad things counter does. Your “after entering the phone booth” rule suggests that the rumbling and teleporting should happen only when the bad things counter is exactly zero. The counter starts at 1 and you keep adding to it during the game, so I don’t see how the condition would ever be true, unless some items have a negative badness.

Anyway, the basic teleport to location unless already there rule would look something like this:

After entering the telephone booth when the location is not Jekkel Park: say "The booth shakes back and forth before it finally stops..."; move the telephone booth to Jekkel Park.
Sorry if I didn’t get the right picture, just ask again if that didn’t help.

That’s a really complex scenario you presented, without explaining what any of the somewhat cryptic terms are intended to mean. Nonetheless for fun I played around with what you posted, and I think this is what you were looking to do:

[code]Lansing Street is a room. Jekkel Park is a room.

The bad things counter is a number that varies. The bad things counter is usually 1.

The required sights counter is a number that varies. The required sights counter is usually 10.

A thing has a number called the badness. The badness of a thing is usually 0.

Every turn when the bad things counter is 10:
change the bad things counter to 0.

When play begins:
say “brzzt pop As you step out of your spiffy interdimensional telephone booth, you ponder the task ahead. To escape this dimension and advance your quest to save the universe, you must obtain and scan at least nine of the holy artifacts mysteriously known as ‘pokemon cards,’ in order to recover their ancient wisdom and finally solve the riddle of Axnioz.”.

The Telephone Booth is an enterable container in Lansing Street. The telephone booth is open and openable.

Instead of taking the telephone booth:
say “Actually, the booth is supposed to take you–to your next destination.”.

After entering the telephone booth while the location is Lansing Street:
if the bad things counter is 0:
say “The booth shakes back and forth before it finally stops…”;
move the telephone booth to jekkel park;
try looking;
otherwise:
continue the action.

The con-comms unit is a device. The con-comms unit is in the telephone booth. The description of the con-comms unit is “A combination interdimensional radio and optical scanner.”.

After examining anything:
if the player is holding the con-comms unit:
increase the bad things counter by the badness of the noun;
if the badness of the noun is greater than 0:
say “Your con-comms unit begins to broadcast to you ‘Our sensors are picking up the content loud and clear. We got it. The gross value of your experiences in this time is [bad things counter], but once the value’s at [required sights counter], you can move on in time.’”;
now the badness of the noun is 0;
continue the action;
otherwise:
if the noun is a pokemon card:
say “Praise the Gedzels! This is it! You’d better get your con-comms unit and scan this holy artifact immediately.”;
continue the action;
otherwise:
continue the action.

A brown bag is a container in Lansing Street. The brown bag is closed and openable. The description of the brown bag is “A crumpled paper bag.”.

A Pokemon Card is a kind of thing. The badness of a pokemon card is 1.

A pokemon card called a Mewtwo card is in the brown bag. The description of it is “Oh my, it’s Mewtwo! Priceless!”.
A pokemon card called a Pikachu card is in the brown bag. The description of it is “It’s Pikachu! Yay!”.
A pokemon card called a Hitmonchan card is in the brown bag. The description of it is “It’s Hitmonchan! Cool!”.
A pokemon card called a Hitmonlee card is in the brown bag. The description of it is “It’s Hitmonlee! Awesome!”.
A pokemon card called a Squirtle card is in the brown bag. The description of it is “It’s Squirtle. Hmm.”.
A pokemon card called a Charizard card is in the brown bag. The description of it is “It’s Charizard! Yes!”.
A pokemon card called a Psyduck card is in the brown bag. The description of it is “It’s Psyduck. Sigh.”.
A pokemon card called a Tentacruel card is in the brown bag. The description of it is “It’s Tentacruel. Eww.”.
A pokemon card called a Vulpix card is in the brown bag. The description of it is “It’s Vulpix! Hooray!”.

Rule for deciding whether all includes the brown bag: it does not.
Rule for deciding whether all includes a pokemon card: it does not.
Rule for deciding whether all includes the telephone booth: it does not.

Rule for printing room description details: stop.
Rule for printing room description details of a container: omit contents in listing.

Report examining an open container:
say “You [if nothing is in the noun]don’t see anything in there[otherwise]see [the list of things in the noun] inside[end if].”.[/code]

Thanks to the both of you. Sorry for the confusing question, I wasn’t entirely sure what to ask for…