Emily Short's Recorded Endings can't compile the example

Is this extension broken or is something else wrong?

I’m trying to compile the example “Reincarnation” that comes with Emily Short’s extension “Recorded Endings.” Instead of compiling, Inform 7 prints the following:

Problem. In the sentence ‘if N is a description listed in the Table of Possible Endings begin’ , it looks as if you intend ‘N is a description listed in the Table of Possible Endings’ to be a condition, but that would mean applying the listed in relation (between an object and a table name) to kinds of value which do not fit - an indexed text and a table name - so this must be incorrect.

I was trying to match this phrase:

if (n is a description listed in the table of possible endings - a condition):

This was what I found out:

N is a description listed in the Table of Possible Endings = a condition

Problem. In the sentence ‘unless N is a description listed in the Table of Possible Endings begin’ , it looks as if you intend ‘N is a description listed in the Table of Possible Endings’ to be a condition, but that would mean applying the listed in relation (between an object and a table name) to kinds of value which do not fit - an indexed text and a table name - so this must be incorrect.

I was trying to match this phrase:

unless (n is a description listed in the table of possible endings - a condition):

This was what I found out:

N is a description listed in the Table of Possible Endings = a condition

Not entirely sure what’s going on here. The error is saying you can’t used “listed in” with indexed text, although you can with topic columns. I can see how this would be an easy mistake to make, but if so I’m not sure how the extension ever worked in the past (it appears to have been used successfully at least in Alabaster, although perhaps with an older version?)

I tried to update the two lines in the extension thusly:

if there is a description of N in the Table of Possible Endings: 

… but now running the example produces this, and I’m not quite sure why.

Might be a bug with indexed text in tables? Possibly this one?

At any rate, it does look as if Recorded Endings is indeed out of commission for the time being.

I’m not much of a programmer, so I thought maybe it would turn out to be an easy fix. Oh well, thanks for clearing that up! Is there somewhere I should report that it’s broken? I posted about on rec.arts.int-fiction almost a week ago, but no one replied. I suppose I’ll just email Emily Short directly.