Embed YouTube shorts video in my Twine 2 (Harlowe) story arrrghhhh

I cannot embed a video I uploaded to YouTube using my normal code. I am a newbie.

I have tried -

and also

When I debug the page, all of my Twine passages are fine. But where the graphic ought to be is a message “Firefox cant open this page”, while Safari just shows the story- both on a Mac.

On a PC, Bing says “YouTube refused to connect”, in Opera the message is “YouTube is blocked”, Firefox messages that it cant open a YouTube video in another app" and Chrome just gives me a sad page icon.

Ought I move my video from YouTube? If so, what works- i.e. google drive or similar?

Thanks for helping- I feel like I’m going out of my mind at the moment.

Juanita

I cant post the code I tried properly

<iframe width="315" height="560" src="tunJp6MRxEc" title="YouTube video player" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>type or paste code here

and

<iframe width=width"560" height "315" src="https://www.youtube.com/shorts/tunJp6MRxEc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hi Juanita,

I followed the link to your YouTube video and right clicked on the video. YouTube provides a special context menu where you can choose Copy Embed Code.

Pasting the copied code looks like:

<iframe width="449" height="799" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tunJp6MRxEc" title="DrBEducated" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This differs from what you have shared, but the copied code I’ve provided works for me and it should work for you as well.

If you need to make the video smaller, make sure to keep the same aspect ratio. width="225" height="400", for example.

Let us know if this solves your problem. And good luck with your project!

2 Likes

Problem solved- thanks so very much, I am sane again and very grateful:)

1 Like