(either:) macro doesn't seem to be working?

Twine Version: 2 (I think)
Story Format: Harlowe

Hi everyone! I’m pretty new to using Twine, so I’m not really sure if this is just something I’ve coded wrong or what, but the (either:) macro doesn’t seem to be working right when I play-test my game.
I’m trying to write something that sends you to one of 4 random passages. I followed the format that the Harlowe handbook gave as an example, and came up with this:

(go-to: (either: “place a”, “place b”, “place c”, “place d”))

The thing is, when I play through it, the passage only ever sends me to place a, the first option. I have no idea if it’s a problem with how I wrote the expression, or if it’s a glitch, or if that’s just how it works when you play-test something and it’ll be fixed when I finish the game, or if something completely different is going on. I’d really appreciate any help!

Please use the Preformatted Text option when including code examples in your comments, it stops the forum’s software converting valid standard single & double quotes into invalid Typographical (curly) equivalents.

Assuming your original code looks like the following, then that code worked correctly when I tested it using a Harlowe 3.x based project.

(go-to: (either: "place a", "place b", "place c", "place d"))