ECTOCOMP 2022 is here. Prepare your expedition today!

Oh mais c’est super cool! Peut être je vais jouer quelques jeux FI effrayantes et monstrueux en Français le mois prochain!

6 Likes

Woohoo!

1 Like

Great new! Thanks for enhancing EctoComp!

My game is still in development. All of the mechanical stuff is complete. At this point I am writing and polishing the narrative portion. The mechanical part was daunting. I am learning I7 as I go.

2 Likes

I shared over at COG’s forums, so hopefully you might get some entrants from there :slight_smile:
Would love to enter but am totally at a loss of inspiration right at the moment. Might need to just read the entries when they come out :grinning:

1 Like

Inspirational video for Ectocompers:

Hanging bats filmed upside-down look like a Goth nightclub - YouTube

8 Likes

A classic!

2 Likes

So… less than a week to go!

I hope everyone is ok, and I wish you strength for the last days of the comp.

We have already two games submitted to the comp, but remember that all games will not be visible at the official page till Oct 31.

You are free to publish and announce your game on social networks, but ECTOCOMP admins won’t promote them till that day.

That is, I wish you luck and we are quite eager to get our hands on the games!!! See you soon!!!

7 Likes

Whoo! My 7-year-old daughter and I wrote a silly, somewhat spooky to her tale for it!

9 Likes

Last year I missed the dead-line, so I didn’t stand a ghost of a chance. But I just submitted a game to ECTOCOMP and it feels bloody good! (I’m not from the UK, so the last pun was a real stretch for me.)

8 Likes

(gasp, huff) … ok, this is definitely late to ask, but how do I submit if I’m not registered on itch.io? Or is registration required these days?

1 Like

I’m pretty sure you need an itch account to upload a game. It’s free though and should only take a few minutes.

1 Like

This is the last day to upload your games to the itchio’s comp page!

Yes, you must create an itchio account.

Good luck everyone! Tomorrow is gonna be a horrific night!

8 Likes

Man, I am really confused about how to submit, actually. I feel like I must be overlooking something obvious. I signed up, verified an account, joined ECTOCOMP, clicked submit and created a page for a project, saved the project, and although it says I’ve joined the jam, it also says I haven’t submitted yet. What am I missing? How do I actually submit my project?

edit: OK, I’ve gone blind and it was there the whole time in the instructions, I just missed it. I had to set my game page to public instead of draft. Hope this helps anyone who also runs into that last minute.

4 Likes

/(Starts coffin’ grave-ly at all the puns)

Seriously, though, I’m guessing you had more than a skeleton of an idea, and it was hard to keep entombed for a year.

5 Likes

I had to figure out how to upload my game to itch proper and then get all of the settings correct. It is not an intuitive task.

Is there a way to see whether my entry was added properly? The main page still has a “Submit your project” button, and I’m nervous I didn’t do this right (since it’s my first time on itch.io).

1 Like

If I remember correctly, you can go to your game’s page, there should be a button on the top right saying “submission to ECTOCOMP” or something along those lines.

2 Likes

You can submit more than one project, so that stays open. In the top right of your game’s page, there should be a dark bar with a little ribbon saying “Submission to ECTOCOMP 2022.”

2 Likes

if you had problems with the submission, just say so, and I can add it by hand.

1 Like

What’s up with the mandatory shuffle queue?

I was merrily picking and choosing and making a list. Then I noticed I wasn’t logged in, so I did. Next game I clicked I was reminded there was a queue of five random games I had to rate first.

Just like in IFComp, I prioritize longer, downloadable games. I’m also less/not interested in speed-IF. It seems that the competition setup doesn’t take these preferences into account.