ECTOCOMP 2014

I once played a game years ago (the name escapes me) which had around half a dozen PCs which the player could control at any given time. That’s the sort of game I could imagine working well in a group setting, with each PC being controlled by a separate player.

Suspended?

No, this was a fantasy game from what I can remember. There was a ship somewhere in it (a sailing ship, not a spaceship) and caves.

The Galleon, by any chance?

Ectocomp games are all on IFDB now, and added to the competition page.

Thanks a lot, Duncan. When I Get the chance I’ll edit it. In the meanwhile, thanks for your time.

Just a reminder, votes are due in one week. Scores will be posted on November 22nd. I have currently received 1 set of scores.

I’d completely forgotten I was voting in this and haven’t played any of the games. Oops. Better get on with it.

I’m halfway done. This weekend looks like a good time to get through with things. Duncan, maybe you can give us an extra day so we have part of next weekend? Obviously, we don’t want this to go into halloween, but it could help someone.

Also, do we need to play all the games to vote? Obviously that’s best, but if someone’s straggling, I wouldn’t want us to lose a voter because of that. 19 games is an intimidating prospect, even speedy ones.

All Ectocomp games ever have been compiled in one folder on the IF Archive at ifarchive.org/indexes/if-archive … ocomp.html

How about I’ll give people that whole weekend to turn in scores, and announce on Monday the 24th?

Needing to play all the games to vote is something that’s a bit of a quandary for me. The times I’ve run ECtOCOMP before, it was never big enough this was a concern. I’d like to offer my thoughts and open the rules to whatever best suits the needs of the competition’s participants. Hopefully you’re all voting? [emote]:)[/emote]

My preference is to say “Play and vote for every game except yours if you’re an author.” My first thought aside from that is perhaps you should play at least 13 games because that’s the most Halloweeny number and mwa ha ha. I’m also about halfway through the games. My other intuition is maybe half of the games. What should we do in the scenario a game doesn’t receive any votes?

They’re really short. You can get through all of them in an afternoon.

Just a reminder, this is the last weekend to play and send in your votes for ECTOCOMP. Results will be announced Monday.

One last check, this is also the mail to send scores to?

Thanks! I’d rather look a bit stupid than not send anything.

Yup, that’s the right address. Send away… if you dare! OooooOooOoo…

I’ve played 13 of the games now, just trying to cram a last few in before the deadline.

When can we authors post our reviews?

My scores have been sent in. I didn’t get around to playing everything, but I managed 14 out of 19 which I think is pretty good going.

I got 16/19, didn’t judge the ones I tested. Hopefully a few people will procrastinate worse than me & we’ll have a few more judges. This was definitely worth my time!

It’s past midnight here, so voting is officially over. If you have reviews or scores to send in yet, please do so ASAP. Aside from that, please be patient while the scores are tabulated. I’m on Pacific Time, so it might be late for those of you on the other side of the world before scores/reviews/results are posted.