Drag & drop puzzle and shared notes space

Please specify version and format if asking for help, or apply optional tags above:
Twine Version: web
Story Format: Sugarcube 2

Hi Twine noob here with minimal code competence; writing a basic game and looking for help with some things I can’t muddle through on my own.

1. Would like a puzzle element where players have to drag and drop a list of items into the correct order. When they get it right, additional text appears that lets them continue. Efforts to do this using Javascript so far have been fails.

2. Is it possible to create a shared writing space where players can write notes or comments to each other? Almost like an editable Google Doc or wikispace. For example, the game is played by a team of 2-4 players, so 1 player might collect clues and record them so other players can see it later, or offer theories/ideas for solving parts of the game? Would envision this writing tool being present across multiple passages in the game.

Thanks in advance for any help!

okay, so either I’ve stumped everyone…or my questions are so dumb they weren’t worthy of bothering with an answer? :rofl:

There are people here both experienced with Twine and JS. Perhaps if you could post the code you’re using (or an example of how you’re doing it) it might be easier to respond if someone can just point out a correction instead of explaining how to accomplish the task from the ground up?

It’s easier to read your code example if you surround each line with backticks or put three backticks on a separate line before and after.

like this
1 Like

Great point|! Okay, so for #1 - setting aside the issue of text appearing when a list is in correct order, how do I implement this into my story? It seems to work fine to copy and paste that code over to a basic webpage (say, for example, in Wordpress) but when I try to put it in a passage in Twine, I get this error message:

Like I said, I only nominally know what I’m doing, so my apologies if these questions are dumb. Thanks

1 Like