DPMR for the second noun

I’m still thinking about the parser, and this case keeps coming back to me as a problem:

[code]Test is a room. Bob is a man in Test.

There is a purple plum in Test. There is a purple grape in Test.

First does the player mean doing something with Bob (this is the likely to interact with Bob rule): it is likely.

Quizzing it about is an action applying to two things.

Report quizzing it about: say “You ask [the noun] about [the second noun].”.

Understand “ask [someone] about [something]” as quizzing it about.

Does the player mean quizzing Bob about the plum (this is the very likely to ask Bob about the plum rule): It is very likely.

First does the player mean: say “[line break][bracket]DTPM [the current action]?[close bracket]”.

test me with “rules/ask bob about purple”[/code]

This is the sort of situation that can sometimes be dealt with using rule order. But it seems to me there ought to be a way to test whether a DPM rule has become irrelevant - if we knew that we were looking for a second noun, we could have the rule decline to make a decision when it only concerns the noun. I seem to recall that the parser has a variable that tells whether we’re parsing the noun or the second noun, but I can’t remember what it is. Would that be a useful way to handle the rules? Is there a better way?

Perhaps this kind of thing might be an acceptable solution (for some cases at least)?

[code]An object can be already decided on or still undecided on.
A first turn sequence rule: now everything is still undecided on.

First does the player mean doing something with Bob when the noun is not already decided on (this is the likely to interact with Bob rule): now Bob is already decided on; it is likely.[/code]