"Dominion of Darkness" - simulator of the Dark overlord/Lady

"Dominion of Darkness” is a strategy text game in which the player takes on the role of a Sauron-style Lord of Darkness with the goal of conquering the world. He will carry out his plans by making various decisions. He will build his army and send it into battles, weave intrigues and deceptions, create secret spy networks and sectarian cults, recruit agents and commanders, corrupt representatives of Free Peoples and sow discord among them, collect magical artifacts and perform sinister plots. Note – one game takes about 1 hour, but the premise is that the game can be approached several times, each time making different decisions, getting different results and discovering something new.

Game is avalaible for free: "Dominion of Darkness" - interactive fiction, story of the Dark Lord by Adeptus7

I am constantly improving the game, adding new content and mechanics, so Your feedback would matter.

3 Likes

Welcome back to the site! I edited the link into your post, since Discourse doesn’t let people post links until it’s certain you’re not a spammer.

1 Like

I can’t download the game in my phone… and it seems to be cool.

Thank You very much.

Sorry for the problem. Is ithe link to mediafires in the description on the gamesite (sorry, still can’t publish links, so I can’t copy it here) not working for You?

1 Like

Ok, It is working fine now.

1 Like

I am glad it works! Thanks for Your cooperation. If You play, please let me know about Your feelings.

Hi Adeptus,

I tried your game yesterday and found it entertaining. It’s always fun to be the Lord or Lady of Darkness. I have just a couple of small suggestions (based on only 3-4 playthroughs).

I’d like to be able to hide the links on the right side of the page (on a grey background). I played on a laptop and when increasing the text size, the links also get bigger and overlap with the text.

I also found some small inconsistencies: for example, I recruited the paladin Kiriela and brought her to my fortress. Following this, I was informed that the Light captured her. But she continued to live at my fortress and perform tasks for me.

It didn’t affect my game much but probably it’s the sort of thing that could be polished.

Otherwise, it’s a good concept and I wish you luck in continuing with it.

All best
Tabor