Doing an Inventory Check?

So, I’m just starting out writing with Inform 7. I’m stuck however on one part as I’m writing.
What I have is a door that will only open once you have these two statues you’ve collected. However, everytime I try to run the line, it treats the two figures I describe like one.

Instead of talking to the monstrous face when player is holding bronze figurine of a man and bronze figurine of a woman: say "The stone face smiles widely. 'Ahch! Now that[']s the stuff! Put em [']ere in front of me so I can look at them.' You comply, putting the two figurines down in front of him. The door to the cage opens widely, enough for you to get the barrel out"; now bronze figurine of a man is in dump; now bronze figurine of a woman is in dump; now monstrous stone face is opened.

How can I get it so that it checks for the two items in the inventory?

Instead of talking to the monstrous face:
    if the player is holding the bronze figurine of a man and the player is holding the bronze figurine of a woman:
        say "The stone face smiles widely. 'Ahch! Now that[']s the stuff! Put em [']ere in front of me so I can look at them.' You comply, putting the two figurines down in front of him. The door to the cage opens widely, enough for you to get the barrel out";
        now bronze figurine of a man is in dump;
        now bronze figurine of a woman is in dump;
        now monstrous stone face is open.

EDIT: also note that the last line should be “…is open”, not “…is opened”. Also, “talking to” is not a built in action, so if you haven’t defined it, this code won’t work at all.

Thank you! It worked like a charm.

And I took care of the open part. “Talking to” was already defined a lot earlier in the game

One other thing I forgot to mention: if the dump is a room you’ve made to put things that should no longer be in the game world, you don’t need it. Inform has a way to do this already:

remove the bronze figurine of a man from play;
remove the bronze figurine of a woman from play;

You can bring out-of-play objects back the same way you’d move objects from anywhere else: “now the player is carrying the figurine”, “now the figurine is in the atrium”, etc.

You need to phrase it like this.

Instead of talking to the monstrous face when player is holding bronze figurine of a man and the player is holding bronze figurine of a woman: say "The stone face smiles widely. 'Ahch! Now that[']s the stuff! Put em [']ere in front of me so I can look at them.' You comply, putting the two figurines down in front of him. The door to the cage opens widely, enough for you to get the barrel out"; now bronze figurine of a man is in dump; now bronze figurine of a woman is in dump; now monstrous stone face is opened.

You have to say “when the player is” twice, you can’t cut corners here.

This is very very dangerous code because you will get a blank response when talking to the monstrous face and the player is holding none or only one of the two bronze figurines.

Hope this helps.