Does anyone know why this isn't compiling?

I’ve been trying the last 60 minutes to get this code for Inform 7 to compile and I keep getting the following message:

Problem. In the sentence 'the description of the stone lagoon is "[if the player has visited the sto [...] this is of any importance?[end if]"'  , I was expecting to read a condition, but instead found some text that I couldn't understand - 'player has visited the stone plaque'.

What I’m trying to compile is this:

the description of the stone lagoon is "[if the player has examined the strange stone]On the stone you can see the symbol of a lagoon. You remember seeing this symbol by the boulder![otherwise]The small square stone has the symbol of a lagoon on it. Wonder if this is of any importance?[end if]"

My guess is you have a block of code beginning "the description of the stone lagoon is “[if the player has visited the stone plaque] …” (you possibly forgot to erase it) and there is no full stop between it and the one beginning "the description of the stone lagoon is “[if the player has examined the strange stone] …”.

Thanks,

That gives me an idea where to look.

Just off top of my head…

Isn’t it “if stone lagoon is visited” and “if we have examined the…” ?

YES!

Thank you, Hanon0. That was the command I was looking for. The code just compiled!

Appreciate all the help people have given me!