Did the mobile version change?

The site seems to be using a slightly larger scale on mobile right now. Everything from the loading screen to the categories and posts.

It’s not a bad thing, especially because I’m starting to experience the worsening eyesight of aging. Just making sure I’m not hallucinating or misremembering.

3 Likes

I haven’t noticed any changes…

4 Likes

Same. Did the theme you’re on get updated?

3 Likes

Quite often the site won’t load at all for me on mobile. I’ve been putting it down to lame mobile bandwidth. So far.

2 Likes

it wasn’t me this time!

3 Likes

There was an update recently where Discourse adopted a different loading-bar animation into their software that used to be a plugin. I’m not saying you’re wrong, but it may be possible you’re noticing a loading animation (I think it’s usually some scrolling dots?) where you didn’t before which could seem psychologically like it’s taking longer if it used to be the less obvious loading scrollbar at the top.

I impersonated your account on desktop and mobile. Everything looked normal to me - though I’m on iPhone which could be completely different and it may be phone related. You’re on the Ghost theme which has had occasional updates, and I remember for a time the body text had defaulted to italics until the creator fixed it again.

3 Likes

Not to sound like I’m crying wolf or anything, but after logging into this session, everything is back to its normal size (or I’m now perceiving it as its normal size).

I did restart my phone earlier, because Discord was misbehaving. (shrugs)

3 Likes