Deleting multiple passages at once

Hi there!

I’ve been writing my game for a year now and have learned a lot about HTML, CSS, JS and Twine since then, but I can’t seem to find a way to delete more than one passage at once. I’ve read that the delete button in the keyboard is supposed to delete the selected passages, but it doesn’t do it, for me at least…

Could this have something to do with my version of Twine (2.2.1) or is there actually a way of doing this?

PS: Would feel dumb if there’s actually a way XD

You can either drag a rectangle across the passages you want to delete and/or hold down CTRL while clicking on the passages you want to delete, then just hit the DELETE key to delete all of the selected passages.

I tested this in both Twine v2.2.1 and v2.3.9 and it worked in both.

Enjoy! :grinning:

1 Like

Yeah, that’s what I was trying to do, but it doesn’t work for me. Also tried opening the “Edit” tab and pressing delete there and didn’t do anything either. If it works for everyone else I guess the problem is not Twine. Hm…

Thanks anyway! :slight_smile:

What OS are you on? I verified this on Windows 7.

Also, you need to be on the “node window” (where all of the passages and arrows connecting them are shown). When a passage is selected, then it should be outlined with a blue border. Only selected passages will be deleted.

Also, you are hitting the DELETE key, and not the BACKSPACE key, right?

Hopefully that solves the issue. :grinning:

1 Like

Ok, it works! Here’s how I solved it, in case anyone else has the same problem: I am on an iMac and using one of those short bluetooth keyboards. These don’t have the DELETE key, only BACKSPACE.

COMMAND + BACKSPACE is supposed to work as a DELETE key… but not in Twine. I kept trying combinations and FN + BACKSPACE finally worked!!

Thanks a lot for your patience! :smiley:

2 Likes