Confused "Instead of" messages

Tillingham’s footlocker is a container in the touring cabin. It is locked. Instead of taking Tillingham’s footlocker, say “It’s really too heavy for you to lift.”

Tillingham’s hammock is a supporter in the touring cabin. It is fixed in place. Instead of taking Tillingham’s footlocker, say “It’s best to leave his hammock alone.”

I’m designating these as Tillingham’s footlocker and Tillingham’s hammock to distinguish them from the player’s footlocker and hammock, designated “your footlocker” and “your hammock”, and I have clauses that allow the parser to understand “my footlocker” as your footlocker, and similarly for your hammock.

When I test it, though, I get this response:

Tillingham’s hammock: That’s fixed in place.

Tillingham’s footlocker: It’s best to leave his hammock alone.

Presumably, I’m doing something wrong, but if you have any insight, please let me know!!

~~ CP ~~

I suspect something was lost in pasting, or you have a typo. Both of your rules are written about the footlocker. This works as expected:

[code]Touring Cabin is a room.

Tillingham’s footlocker is a container in the touring cabin. It is locked. Instead of taking Tillingham’s footlocker, say “It’s really too heavy for you to lift.”

Tillingham’s hammock is a supporter in the touring cabin. It is fixed in place. Instead of taking Tillingham’s hammock, say “It’s best to leave his hammock alone.”[/code]

Look at it again? I’ve bolded the section that you seem to think is repeated…?

EDIT: er… I’ve tried to, anyway… I think you can see what i mean, though.

EDIT: aha. Thanks!! I missed your edit, which fixed the problem.