Comepetition question

Is it ok to enter more than one competition with the same game?
What I’m mean is that I’m entering a game for this years IF Comp but at the same time there’s an Adrift End of the Year Comp. running, and I’ would like to enter that too. The IF Comp 2011 deadline for entering will be passed before the Adrift Comp is taking place but the judging will still be running.
Thanks in advance for any replies.
Cheers

Reading the rules, I would say that this is allowed by the IF Comp. If your publication in the IF Comp is earlier than your publication in the ADRIFT End of Year Competition, and if you refrain from publicly discussing your game, you’re good.

I don’t know whether it would be allowed by the ADRIFT EoYC?

Oh that’s not a problem…
First of all the rules at the Adrift End of the Year states that any game created or released during the calender year can be submitted…
Besides, I’m the organizer of the competiton, and I say it’s ok [emote]:lol:[/emote]

I just wanted to make sure that I didn’t collide with the rules of the IF Comp 2011

You’re free to do what you want with the game post-IF Comp. It only needs to be unreleased before the comp begins.

Alright, thanks…

The only thing of slight concern would be:

since you are yourself organising a competition in which you enter your game. Presumably, part of your job as an organiser is to publicly announce which games (including your own!) are part of the competition, and encouraing people to play them.

Now I don’t think that should be a problem, but it might be best to send an email to the IF Comp organisers beforehand.