Wherein I attempt to review every IFComp 2026 game, in haiku.
BLOODRUST
retro computer
takes me apart piece by piece
not sure I like that
The Golden King
golden Midas king
a chess game you cannot win
short, tight, effective
IF Derby
clever backstretch chat
if rng goes your way
spend some time with it
Deceit in the Guildhall of Virtue
hero whodunnit
a few jokes fell flat but
decked brain’s a winner
SCAVS
dangerous planet
AI post-apocalypse
great story and game
Pegasus Crew
snarky paradise
bugs every one of the crew
board the ship, let’s leave
Demonstration
could decompile
to see what was intended
but I won’t bother
The Copper Tavern
felt partly finished
some awkward choices of words
pick, steal, gamble – nice
Tales of Nivea: GRIP
you pick one of three
in a brown dystopia
that’s bad to children
The Count and the Communist
communist intrigue
a slick ASCII interface
come together well
On Repeat
the CD will come
whether you’re unhappy or
life’s not quite so sad
Meet the timesheet
desk maze in darkness
take from screen, into my inv?
best part is the guide
9 Days in a Van with your 3 Best Friends
this thing has it all
rock bands, sci fi short stories,
drama, romance, death
Gambler’s Quest
hey look listen man
stop me from playing poker?
I’d kill the king too
Under Loch
a meta puzzle
tabs do the interacting
what was with the fish
Maximilien
chilling, absorbing
dizzying detail, too much?
impressive product
Ultraviolent Unicorn Deathmatch of Destiny 4
snort! whinny! you say
but careful with the chainsaw
there is no undo
Quackpond
I linked to Quackpond
from my Geocities page
in ninety-seven!
Dreamteller
investigation
ends unconventionally
existential dread