Clicking anywhere interupts my story

Twine Version: 2.3.14
Story Format: Harlowe 3.2.2

I’ve written a story using Harlowe where by using (after:) macros the words of the text appear one by one, this is because I need to count the words the player has read and take them to a specific passage at a certain threshold. So my code in any given passage looks like:

{=(after: time + .2s)[(set:$wordcount to it + 1)She 
(after: time + .2s)[(set:$wordcount to it + 1)arrives 
(after: time + .2s)[(set:$wordcount to it + 1)and 
(after: time + .2s)[(set:$wordcount to it + 1)sits .... ]]]]

With,

(live:)[(if:$wordcount is 96)[(goto:"End")]]

Waiting in the header.
The issue I’m having is that clicking anywhere in the page, be it a link, the text or just blank space interrupts this and I’ll be left with just the text which had been printed before the click which essentially renders the story unplayable. Any help resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

note: Please use the </> option in the Comment Field’s toolbar when including code examples in a comment, it makes them easier to read/copy and stops the forum’s software from converting valid Standard quotes into invalid Typographical (curvy) quotes.

As mentioned in the macro’s documentation, a feature of the (after:) macro is the ability to “speed up the delay by holding down a keyboard key or mouse button, or by touching the touch device.”.

It seems you need to pass a zero as the second argument to disable that feature.

{=
(after: time + .2s, 0)[
	(set: $wordcount to it + 1)
	She 
		arrives 
			and 
				sits … 
			]
		]
	]
]

Thank you very much! This has indeed solved the issue. You are my hero.