Clean Planetfall Stellar Patrol artwork?

Have clean (no text, particularly no overlapping text) images of the Planetfall Stellar Patrol artwork (the helmeted fellow doing various things) ever surfaced?

Asking for a friend.
Who would like to make sigma grindset hustle culture memes with them.
Who is me.

3 Likes

The only images I could find (where the guy wasn’t covered) were from the Japanese cover and the hint book.

It is possible to Photoshop the text out, but it’s probably not worth the effort. Still, it beats the regular cover art that has the text over his head.

5 Likes

Oh, and here’s a PDF manual full of good images to use. Maybe you already found this one. I really like the badge design. I could see that recreated as a vector image by finding a similar font and using some bitmap tracing and a little clean up for the planet scene.

http://infodoc.plover.net/manuals/planetfa.pdf

It’s from the Infocom Documentation Project.

5 Likes

The Infocom Cabinet at the Internet Archive has some preliminary artwork, but I don’t know how useful that is. Even the one I found there had some text:

(The original is in much higher resolution, but I don’t know how to extract it so I just saved a preview image.)

5 Likes

Click on the words “Show All” in the right column. Then go digging in that. (“Show contents” too.)

3 Likes

Ah, I didn’t realize that the individual pictures were available there too. That’s good.

3 Likes