Change font size?

I have a feeling I’m out of luck with this, as I can’t find anything about it in the documentation-- just how to change font color, which doesn’t work with a glulx file.

I don’t suppose there is a magic way to change font size?

In general text size and color can be set by the player’s interpreter, so out of the box glulx isn’t good if you want to play with text styling. I would imagine if you publish with an interpreter and a website, you might be able to do some fancy stuff with the CSS of the generated HTML?

It also just occurred to me that Vorple might do this - being a multimedia browser interpreter that allows author control.

1 Like

You can use the Glulx Text Effects extension to set font size stylehints, but not all interpreters support size stylehints.

1 Like

These are definitely words that I can read, but they don’t mean anything to me. I think that might be a second grade skill set? I’m still in first grade until after I release my second game. It’s not the world’s biggest deal if I can’t change the font size-- I only want one letter in four words to be large, so I can probably just describe it that way and people will believe it.

Thanks! I’ll take a look at it. I’ll describe it as I want it, so if I can’t get the one letter I want bigger to work, then OK.

**Edit-- definitely this extension is above my pay grade. I’ll just describe it as I want people to see it.

It’s quite simple, this is all you’d need:

Table of User Styles (continued)
style name	relative size
header-style	1

If it’s just one four-letter word, spelling it out in ASCII art might be effective. Of course you’d then have the accessibility issues that go along with that.

One other possibility - since you only have four words to emphasize, could you make image files with the letters you want enlarged and display them inline as a Figure in Inform 7?

1 Like

Well, that’s a great idea. I’m going to do that. I think I can make that work.

1 Like

Including an occasional image is kind of like a feelie!

Inform 7 is good also in that you can include alt-text for people using screen readers.