I’ve recently noticed that in web version of Twine I can use in-browser search to find stuff in the passage, which is great, and would save me a lot of hassle (so far I was using desktop app and switching back and forth from n++).
I wanted to use web version, but there was a problem with paths to images (I use a lot of media files), so I decided to go with standalone web version. The problem is - when I run it on my desktop computer everything seems to work fine, but I can’t see any descriptions or titles of the buttons in Twine ui, instead I just see language vars. The only dropdown I can see proper strings in, is the language change dropdown in the options. And I can see it’s set to English as default, and I can set it to something else, but it doesn’t fix anything.
I’m using Windows 11 Home x64, Polish. The system is also pretty fresh, I’ve installed it couple days ago from scratch (clean install, not an upgrade), so no strange settings or browsers (I use latest Edge on Chromium).
The fact that currently the web-browser based release of the Twine 2.x application can’t be used locally without a web-server should be reported as a bug, because it was possible to do so with previous versions of that release.