Can't enter room.

Hey, I can’t seem to enter a room, and there’s no obvious reason as to why it’s happening. I took the room name, and searched it in my code for every place that it’s mentioned. There doesn’t seem to be any reason for what’s happening that I can see. When I try to go in that direction it simply says ‘you can’t go that way’ or something like that. I also checked the map, and it’s definitely connected to the room I’m in.

the only new rule I’ve added is this…

after going to Tia's Garden: now chat-TiaNiceGarden is sc-active; now chat-TiaWhoMadeThisPlace is sc-active; now chat-TiaWow is sc-active.

Did you remember to connect it to another room? :slight_smile: (Sorry if that sounds obvious, but your post doesn’t include many relevant details …) in the index map, is a connection visible?

lol, that was the last thing I said in the post.

ahh, I’ll paste all the code relating to the room… The room name is Tia’s Garden.

this one isn’t causing the error.

carry out finding responses to chat-TiaImp: link to chat-TiaNiceGarden; now EsherCanEnterGarden is true; now TiaInGarden is true; now Tia is in Tia's Garden;  try finding responses to chat-HelloTia instead.

this one isn’t either.

after going to Tia's Garden: now chat-TiaNiceGarden is sc-active; now chat-TiaWhoMadeThisPlace is sc-active; now chat-TiaWow is sc-active.

don’t think it’s this one…

the description of Tia's Garden is "[if TiaInGarden is true]When Esher stepped out of the thin trail to where Tia was he was met by the most wondrous garden. It was placed in a small well rounded clearing, sitting on top of a soft later of lush green moss. All the flowers there were beautiful, perfectly placed, and perfectly planted, to complement one another. Butterflies fluttered about the flowers sipping the sweet nectar from the ones it oozed from like candy. The air smelled sweet, and was filled with pedals that drifted about in the warm days breeze. Tia was sitting there in the soft moss amongst the the beautiful flowers.[else]When Esher stepped out of the thin trail with Tia he was met by the most wondrous garden. It was placed in a small well rounded clearing, sitting on top of a soft later of lush green moss. All the flowers there were beautiful, perfectly placed, and perfectly planted, to complement one another. Butterflies fluttered about the flowers sipping the sweet nectar from the ones it oozed from like candy. The air smelled sweet, and was filled with pedals that drifted about in the warm days breeze.[end if]"

not this one…

Tia's Garden is south of Kileaf Thin Trail Continued. 

the region it’s in…probably not this one, lol.

Tia's Garden, Kileaf Thin Trail, Kileaf Thin Trail Continued, Outside Tia's Kileaf, Kileaf Main Road, Kileaf Center, Kileaf Main Road Continued, Kraven Forest Entrance, Kileaf Spring, Lumber Jack's Woodpile, Kileaf Houses, and Lumber Jack's House are in Kileaf. 

definitely not this one…

carry out finding responses to chat-TiaImp: link to chat-TiaNiceGarden; now EsherCanEnterGarden is true; now TiaInGarden is true; now Tia is in Tia's Garden;  try finding responses to chat-HelloTia instead.

This is the newest bit of code I added relating to the room…

That’s it…as far as I can tell there’s no reason…but I could be missing something…

Is it possible you’re getting a namespace clash between “Kileaf Thin Trail” and “Kileaf Thin Trail Continued”? Inform doesn’t always play nice with overlapping names (I defined a “bus pass” and then a “bus” and it kept thinking I was talking about the bus pass whenever I said “bus”); if it thinks you’re in Kileaf Thin Trail when you want to be in KTT Continued, that might cause the problem. So I’d try changing one of those names a bit and see if it helps.

(I really need to go to bed, though, so take this with a bucket o’ salt.)

So it was :slight_smile:

Other than that: what Matt said. Could be a naming clash. If it is, you can skirt those by giving a room an internal name and a printed name.

Could it be that you can enter the room but you just don’t see a room description? You have to add “continue the action” to the end of any “After going to” rule, otherwise the after rule will override the report rules that print the room description.

I’m pretty certain that Juhana is correct.

Yeah, the continue the action fixed the problem. I wondered if that was the code that did it, sense it was the newest I entered. Thanks guys.

Guess you fixed you’re problem, but two things from your room description:

1. what’s “a soft later of lush green moss”? Did you mean lather (as in soap)?

2. Why repeat so much text when the only bit that’s different is at the very end? I.e.:

the description of Tia's Garden is "When Esher stepped out of the thin trail to where Tia was he was met by the most wondrous garden. It was placed in a small well rounded clearing, sitting on top of a soft later of lush green moss. All the flowers there were beautiful, perfectly placed, and perfectly planted, to complement one another. Butterflies fluttered about the flowers sipping the sweet nectar from the ones it oozed from like candy. The air smelled sweet, and was filled with pedals that drifted about in the warm days breeze. [if TiaInGarden is true]Tia was sitting there in the soft moss amongst the the beautiful flowers.[end if]"

Should (unless there are other differences I didn’t spot) achieve the same effect, no?