Build 6L38 of Inform released

I have installed the new version and have the same problem reported above:
-Neither File - Install Extension… nor File - Show Extensions Folder are working. No dialog box comes up. I have an extensions folder, but apparently no way to tell it where it is.

I am on OS/X 10.9.4 and have rebooted to no avail.
Any fix or workarounds?

Thanks much
–Zack

Rebooting or reinstalling the app won’t help.

You can manually add files to the Extensions folder (by dragging them in the Finder). You can open projects by double-clicking. (If you have multiple versions of I7 installed, you can drag the project icon onto a particular app icon.) To create a new project, I guess you can create it with 6L02 and then re-open it with 6L38.

It may be possible to create a hybrid app by copying the 6L38 “ni” binary into a copy of the 6L02 IDE. I haven’t tried this.

EDIT-ADD: Okay, I’ve tried it. Doesn’t work. I may be able to hack something up though.

Hack performed. See new post: https://intfiction.org/t/hacked-version-of-6l38-for-macos/7358/1

The Windows build of 6L38 is now available:
http://inform7.com/download/release/6L38/

Yeah this is broken. The story tab gets invalidated on a successful compile and the right pane never shows. Something is fishy.

It’s working great for me on Windows XP. Thanks DavidK.

I’m windows 8.1.

I’m running 8.1 as well. On compile, the left-side story tab is disabled…the right side comes up fine however and seems to work as normal.

Relatedly, where is this “Public Library” for extensions I’ve heard so much about?

And do we still submit extensions to i7@smallwhitehouse.org ?

So nevermind on the 6L38 brokenness…this is something I did to my Windows environment because all versions of I7 are the same screwed up way.

Are you sure that you haven’t got the splitter bar dragged all the way across the window so that the right-hand pane isn’t visible? Try dragging it back first. The story tab behaviour is as it’s always been: it can only be shown on one side or the other, not both. When you compile, it will be shown in the right-hand pane, so it’s disabled in the left-hand one.

As noted above, this is by design: if you’ve got the story tab showing on the right, it’s disabled on the left, and vice versa.

Go to the Extensions tab, then click “Public Library”.

That was probably it, but it somehow repaired itself before I got a chance to test it. I re-installed, still “broken”, ran it like 3 times, closed some stuff on my machine, then opened it and it was fine. It was probably the splitter, but I have an HD laptop and Windows is a work-in-progress in supporting it, so it could have been that too.