Beta testers required for 'Alchemist's Gold'

I have written a small Inform 6 game for ParserComp 2022 and am looking for beta testers.

You play the part of a young man that has heard a rumour about an alchemist in a nearby forest that has figured out how to turn base metals into gold. You set out to find the alchemist’s house and steal some of his gold.

This is a small, retro-style game that should be a bit of fun for anyone that likes some good puzzles. I think it’s fairly easy. It should take an hour or less to play and at least double that to test it. The game feels like it is fairly robust, so I’m primarily interested in things you tried that weren’t supported.

There is one puzzle that uses ASCII graphics to provide a map. I have given a plain text description in place of the map for those using a screen reader. The plain text description is quite verbose, so I’m particularly interested in whether this works for visually-impaired players.

Under the rules of the comp, testers can’t rate the game, so don’t test it if that’s a concern for you.

If interested in testing, please send me a personal message and I’ll send you the link and password. (I’m about to go to bed, so I’ll upload the files tomorrow.) I can provide a map and walkthrough if you need them, but I don’t think you will need them. Most things are pretty straightforward.

6 Likes

Thank you for all the responses. I have seven testers lined up, so no more are needed. The people on here are wonderful.

I’d still like someone that’s visually impaired to test the accessibility. If you fall into that category, send me a personal message. You can play the test version in a browser or download the z5 file to play in your favourite interpreter.

3 Likes