Beta Testers needed for 80s Action Comedy themed Twine game

So for NaNoWriMo this year I started Zeitgeist 1980, a Twine game inspired by 1980’s action comedy films, specifically Smokey and the Bandit II and Any Which Way You Can with a little bit of Dukes of Hazzard mixed in for good measure. You play a high school sophomore 80s stereotype sent away to live with your irresponsible bootlegger cousin Colt over winter break, and he ropes you into transporting mysterious cargo cross-country.

What I need now are beta testers to run through the game on the lookout for dead links, broken code, mismatched html tags, etc. Proofreading comes later - right now I’m focused on making sure everything works the way it’s supposed to.

I’m also interested in hearing what you think in general - is this worth polishing? Adding art assets and music to? I’ve got an idea for a sequel inspired by the 1980 movies Caddyshack and Alligator, should I go ahead with that? Maybe switch to a game inspired by 1990s cinema instead?

Anyway, thanks for taking a look, double thanks if you give the game a playthrough.

2 Likes

In its current state we’re looking at 40-50k words, but at most a third of those will be encountered during any given run-through. This may grow a bit during final proofreading.