I am looking for some (closed) beta testers for my game “Phoney Island”.
It’s a satirical Interactive Fiction about a whole island full of lunatics who indulge in their wishful thinking. The game features among others:
- A whole island full of lunatics
- 4 game chapters with maximum escalation
- 3 levels of reality that you can switch between - at least sometimes
- Parser-based input plus multiple choice dialogs (If you want: completely playable with multiple choice)
- Extensive questbook with graduated help system
- Adjustable screen layout
- German and English switchable
- An experimental illustration mode with simple AI-generated illustrations for the locations
“Phoney Island” currently only runs under Windows and is an executable program. The system behind it is a homebrew of mine.
The game has a rather weird humor, is quite extensive, from the gameplay point of view reasonably well pretested (thanks to some German-speaking testers), but not perfect, and from the English point of view definitely still needs improvement (translation with AI and a lot of customization).
I’m happy about everyone who looks in and gives some feedback!
To avoid confusion: This is the completed and developed version of this game here: Phoney Island - Details. MathBrush demanded several improvements in his review, which I hope I can deliver here.