Best Twee Sugarcube Setup

Please specify version and format if asking for help, or apply optional tags above:
Twine Version: 2
Story Format: Sugarcube 2

Hello. I Foundation out that it works nicely using Twine 2 to learn the works, but to write my story I prefer a text IDE. After some investigation, I think my perfect set up on my Mac is VSCODE with the Twee2 Sugarcube plugin and on my iPad, it’s Textastic with the language pack for Twee2 so now I can be creative on my Mac, my iPad and my iPhone via i-cloud. Nice.

Q: My question is. Does anyone know how I can set up a Twee2/3 compiler in VSCODE or via a terminal script so I get an easy option to compile all my TW2, CSS and JS and copy included media files in one easy go to my Chrome browser server or my VSCODE server? I don’t know what compiler to use and how to set it up for easy use. Do I use Twee2, Tweego or Twee or maybe Extwee? What local publish/compile set up is best, or do I set it up on my webserver?

Tweego is the best command line compiler. I would go with that. It has a “watch” option that will watch a directory and automatically compile the project when the changes happen to the files in that directory. It sounds like that’s what you’re looking for.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot! Seems to bet just what I need.

Hello, again tayruh. I just took a look at Tweego doc.
I couldn’t find anything about the automatic compiling function. Under File & Directory Handling the docs talks about automatic search of folders, but as I understand it, it’s not a service and it has to be started. Or do I get that wrong?

http://www.motoslave.net/tweego/docs/#usage-options

It’s the -w (or --watch) option.

So like, tweego -w "my_project_directory"

Ok. Thanks.

I haven’t used them myself, but you might want to check out Chapel’s Tweego installer (for Windows) and his basic Tweego setup.

Yes I saw it in the docs. I think I just install it and start experimenting with it. :slight_smile:
Now I know what’s the right compiler.